Objecting to Rugby Borough Council's Local Plan which includes the Lodge Farm Village proposal is the most important thing we can do between now and the 11th of January 2017.
A few points to remember:
- Every individual objection matters - so object with your whole family, separately, to gather the maximum amount of objections;
- Once you have objected on a particular subject matter, you can object later (until the 11th of January 2017) on a different matter should you choose to, each objection counts;
- Objections relating specifically to a sustainability criteria, or referring to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) weigh more heavily than objections based on personal feeling, but an objection is better than no objection;
- Our slideshow below provides sample objections based on sustainability criteria and the NPPF.
Ways to object:
- By letter - see out sample letters below.
Where to send your objections:
Growth and Investment Services
Rugby Borough Council, Town Hall
Evereux Way, Rugby, CV21 2RR
Many more objection points and criteria can be found on the objections page here.
For ready made letters which you can download see our sample objection letters below which you can print, add your name, address and signature at the bottom. Please note - name address and signature are needed.
Alternatively change the letters and write them in your own words. Remember you can send more than one, as long as you object on different grounds.
|Sample Letter Content|
|Sample Letter 1: Poverty, Amenities, Health, Affordable Housing, Flood Risk.||Download MS Word Format Letter|
|Sample Letter 2: Sustainable Transport, Flood Risk, Affordable Housing, Amenities||Download MS Word Format Letter|
|Sample Letter 3: Amenities, Culture, Flood Risk, Sustainable Transport||Download MS Word Format Letter|
|Sample Letter 4: All objection points in one letter.||Download MS Word Format Letter|
Our objection guide below is aimed at people who would like to write their own objections, from their own experience or with their own ideas. It helps you understand the methodology, scoring criteria for the sustainability assesment and it also contains various objection points developed by our planning consultants.
This objection guide should assist you in understanding why it's important to object using the NPPF and sustainability assesment, as well as giving you objection sample templates that you can copy word for word, or write in your own words.
You can view the Objection Guide slideshow below, or you can Download a PDF here