You are here:
The Lodge Farm Proposal
- Rugby Borough Council (RBC) is in the midst of developing and adopting a "Local Plan" for the time period 2011-2031.
- Within the local plan RBC has identified Rugby needs 480 additional homes per year x 20 years = 9600 homes. In addition to this, RBC has decided to assist Coventry Council, which is struggling to identify additional space to build homes without using Green Belt or Open Countryside, by building 2800 homes for Coventry in Rugby. (yes you read it correctly!) In total the RBC Local Plan requires 12,400 additional homes over the 20 year period.
- RBC has invited submissions of interest in providing plots to satisfy this requirement for housing. A plot of land has been submitted in and around the area of Lodge Farm expanding from the Grandborough Road from to the A45 to the Willoughby Road.
- The original proposal was to build a "Garden Village" comprising 1500 residences adjoining to Woolscott/Grandborough and Willoughby - Lodge Farm Village.
- Lodge Farm Village has now grown from 1500 houses to nearly 1800 - according to the latest Site Assessment provided by RBC.
- Lodge Farm Village has additional development land proposed North of the A45 with an additional 118HA bringing the total development to circa 600 acres and nearly 4000 homes! The map above comes from the Additional Documents accompanying the latest version of the Local Plan. In RBC's Availability Assessment the site North of the A45 is detailed as: "Site is in agricultural use. Intention of landowner to develop. Site is considered available for development."
- RBC has already voted to include the 1800 residence Lodge Farm plot in the Draft Local Plan and is now moving to the consultation stage.
- Consultation on the Draft Local Plan starts 26th September 2016 and ends 11th November 2016.
- Once the consultation window ends, the council will vote the draft local plan, and IF UNOPPOSED, will adopt it. At that point it will become much more difficult to oppose a planning application, and the build itself.